TEA : A HUG IN A MUG :0)

TEA : A HUG IN A MUG :0)
Tea: a hug in a mug !

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Traditions...




Still I can remember vividly as a child collecting jamjars and wildflowers to make our "May altar" dedicated to Our Lady for the whole month of May...at one stage ,I remember my Mother telling me when I got older that as a young girl (about 5 or 6) I went though a stage of thinking I was , of all people ,Saint Bernadette! (Dont ask I had a huge imagination)...day after day for that year I would prance around the house wearing an old net curtain on my head looking very devout and holding my rosary beads, so the month of May that year was surely spectacular :)




Any way ,when I met Sean, and we had the kids...Seans mam gave me this VERY precious statue that had belonged to Sean grandmother...its very old and has been part of this cottage for as long as anyone cares to remember...Shauna used it as a replacement Barbie doll when she visited when we used to live in Celbridge and there is a celebrated incedent where she got hold of her nanas lippy and gave Mary a "new look"...


Anyway the same Mary/Barbie now has pride of place for the month of May and wildflowers are in jamjars...

No comments:

Post a Comment